Sales & Applications Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1440
An international and progressive manufacturing company in the building industry using a team approach is looking to add a Sales & Application Engineer as a member to their team WITH AUTOCAD EXPERIENCE. This career opportunity will include developing industry relationships and business opportunities with active and prospective customers as well as be a contributing and integral member of the North America corporate sales team. He/she will interface internally with operations and technology team members and externally with partners, clients, and vendors. An entrepreneurial mindset and strong intrinsic motivation is a must!
- Assist customers/clients by enhancing the thermal performance of their window/door and curtainwall designs, and to perform thermal simulations to illustrate the performance of systems
- Read and modify CAD drawings and understanding of thermal simulation methods.
- Account responsibility; serve in a consulting role regarding product design and development; provide technical and application engineering support services; assure efficient and timely problem-solving responses.
- Stay current on market, competition and industry trends, and technological advancements to assure company maintains a competitive edge.
- Assist clients, prospects (architects, engineering consultants, and commercial construction companies), and corporate sales team in assessing requirements and developing specifications.
- Lead projects to implement or introduce new technology and incremental innovations.
- Develop and give presentations—answering questions and instilling confidence in customers related to the thermal break market.
- Participate and assist in national and regional trade shows/exhibitions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational and professional organizations, maintaining personal networks and reading professional publications.
- Domestic and limited international travel required (passport necessary) for interface with international colleagues.
- Place to learn and grow particular knowledge and experience, along with a varied exposure to different processes and teams.
- A chance to work in a fast paced manufacturing company focusing on Innovation and Growth.
- Provides a model for flexible work time to create a work-life balance.
- Understand and grow the market, customers and product application.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the field of Engineering (i.e. Mechanical, Materials, Civil, Engineering Technology), Architecture, Building Construction, or similar
- Sales Skills: no prior experience required, however, must be a self-starter with friendly and open personality, and a desire to meet and establish business relationships with new people
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented environment
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills are required
- Problem solving, decision making, and critical thinking skills a must
- Customer focused
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD
- Must be organized and work with constant priority changes
- Familiarity with domestic and international freight
- Fenestration Industry specific training and certification (i.e. NFRC Simulator Certification)
- Ability to read and understand Profit and Loss documentation for strategic planning
- Six-sigma and/or Lean Process training or certification
- Knowledge of SalesForce™ or other CRM
- Understanding of basic plastics manufacturing processes
- Project Management experience preferred
Please reference Job Code 4842 PM when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.