Hydraulic Component & Systems Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1432
Researches, designs, and implements mechanical/hydraulic engineering solutions as defined by internal and external customers. Specific skill sets include, but are not limited to: 2D and 3D Part and Drawing Creation, Assembly Drawings, Bill of Material Creation, Costing Analysis, Structural (FEA), Thermal and Flow (CFD) Analysis, Part and Component Evaluation and Selection, Enclosure Design. A minimum of three year experience designing hydraulic systems, and an understanding of system level requirements, is expected. Candidate will apply knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, safety, ergonomics and standards, to design world-class equipment, in a team environment.
- Understanding of design and development of fluid power test equipment
- Knowledgeable in the Mechanical/Hydraulic standards
- Certification in fluid power field is desirable
- Use creative skills to architect world-class solutions based on sound engineering practices and industry standards, and interpret or influence customer specifications.
- Lead technical efforts to design and develop the best cost/performance product that meets customer requirements.
- Analyze and devise alternative solutions to a problem and propose the best resolution.
- Support significant design decisions by calculations, simulation, and prototyping. Critical specifications must have documented analysis demonstrating design compliance.
Lead effective technical design reviews and contribute to improving design knowledge by thoughtful contributions at other’s design reviews.
- Work with Drafting to create detail design package consisting of schematics, bills of materials, and assembly drawings.
- Work within the guidelines of the Design Guidelines and Product Development Process.
- Investigate and implement new techniques to improve capabilities in regard to design for assembly (DFA), manufacturability (DFM), and test (DFT).
- Ensure equipment Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) are prepared, and participate in the testing and troubleshooting phase as necessary.
- Minimum of three years’ experience designing hydraulic systems.
- BSME, BS Aero Engineering, or equivalent
- Experienced in cross-functional design team efforts.
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with an international audience is a plus.
Please reference Job Code 4921 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.