Employee Benefits Attorney
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1435
Our client is a large law firm that has a thriving national Employee Benefits practice that is continuing to grow at a fast pace. This person must 2-4 years’ experience in substantive employee benefits areas, including the design, implementation and administration of qualified retirement plans, nonqualified deferred and incentive compensation plans; health and welfare benefits plan issues; governmental audits; and executive compensation.
Experience must include:
- Qualified retirement programs, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans
- non-qualified deferred compensation plans for compliance with Code Section 409A
- Draft health and welfare plan restatements and amendments to comply with the Affordable Care Act and related statutes and regulations
- Assists in addressing qualified retirement plan issues in the context of mergers and acquisitions
- Prepare IRS and PBGC filings to obtain rulings and determination letters on initial qualifications, amendments, and terminations for both single and multiemployer plans
- Assist clients in filing retirement plan correction submissions with the IRS under the Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System
- Prepares IRS filing to obtain expedited exemptions from certain prohibited transactions
Grades must be outstanding. LLM preferred.
Please reference Job Code 4639 BW when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form