email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
An international and progressive manufacturing company in the building industry using a team approach is looking to add a Sales Engineer as a member to their team. In this position you will maintain existing and develop new sales opportunities for an Insulating Strip product line sold to manufacturers of aluminum window and curtain wall systems. Understand the company’s sales processes and oversee technical support of customer product evaluation and related production issues. An entrepreneurial mindset and strong intrinsic motivation is a must!
- Plan and implement sales strategies that increase product awareness, generate product demand, and grow their territory.
- Develop tactical action plans by account to reach sales objectives. Increase market share by proactively selling and reaching out to new markets and focus target markets as measured against mutually agreed upon sales goals.
- Manage customer expectations by providing/overseeing product design and technical support. Identifies customer service requirements. Ensures attentive service and efficient problem-solving. Build customer confidence in product and company.
- Interact with customer’s sales teams to provide support, assess needs, develop specifications, and promote use of company products.
- Develop and nurture productive relationships with architects, engineering consultants and commercial construction companies. Provides technical and application engineering support and information regarding products.
- Coordinate with internal teams for pricing, scheduling, performance, and technical requirements and externally with partners, clients, vendors, etc.
- Assist in the development of promotional and tradeshow exhibitions. Attend local and regional industry conventions.
- Ability to read construction detail drawings in order to drive design innovation in the market.
- Position requires approximately 50% travel including overseas travel.
- Place to learn and grow particular knowledge and experience, along with a varied exposure to different processes and teams.
- A chance to work in a fast paced manufacturing company focusing on Innovation and Growth.
- Provides a model for flexible work time to create a work-life balance.
- Understand and grow the market, customers and product application.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Construction, or equivalent 5 years or more experience in a technical sales position, preferably in the fenestration industry Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Proficient understanding of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of principles and techniques of business development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to build an industry presence
- Possesses entrepreneurial skills to handle daily customer and company needs and also works well in a team environment
- Experience planning a forecast and associated travel/contacts budget
- Develop and work within budgetary constraints and manages both personal and customer’s daily activities
- Effective reporting of industry and client activity
- Working AutoCAD™ knowledge and understanding of design detail drawings
- Ability to read and understand Profit and Loss documentation for strategic planning
- Preferred knowledge of SalesForce™ or other CRM
- Project Management experience preferred
- Must be organized and work with constant priority changes
Please reference Job Code 4843 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.