email@example.com P: 216-455-1440
The Planning Supervisor position is responsible for assisting in the creation and development of the company re-design project plan. This person will oversee the plan and will be responsible for implementing the plan; including ensuring that all timetables are met and tasks are complete. This position is also highly focused on inventory and materials planning and will eventually take over supervision of that department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Ensure project budget is met
- Ensure consistency with company strategy, commitments, deadlines and goals
- Acquire resources and coordinate efforts of team members and consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan
- Source and compare global production and shipment partners
- Deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations
- Further development and improvement of established processes (LEAN)
- Set up, coach, motivate and supervise the project team and contractors
- Pro-actively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Focus closely on inventory control and materials planning, and eventually take over supervision of that department.
- A Bachelor’s degree as well as a minimum of 5 years of related experience in project management is required. Must be experienced and fluent in inventory management and production planning. (+ material planning) in fast pace environment.
- Experience with project management is required.
- Proven experience and knowledge (business fluent) about budgeting, production, logistics & sourcing, people management, project budgeting, quality management
- Good problem solver
- Project management experience a must, including Microsoft project or equivalent software
- Organizational skills
- Detail Oriented
- Flexibility to travel if/when a business need arises
- Willing to work overtime including weekend depending on the nature of project work
- Able to work with minimum or no supervision
- Computer experience: Working knowledge of Microsoft office and/or Google suite required. Experience on an integrated ERP system (LN/Baan or similar) essential. Autocad or Solidworks experience a plus.
Please reference Job Code 4854 PM when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.