email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
The Product Engineer shall be responsible for designing and qualifying mechanical and electromechanical actuators, gearboxes and handle assemblies for use in the Aerospace, Military, Marine and nuclear industry. The Product Engineer shall be responsible for researching and developing ideas and processes for new products and follow that project from cradle to grave. Other key responsibilities will be to improve existing products and support our production team to solve problems in a timely and cost effective manner. An understanding of the aerospace industry preferred. The Product Engineer shall create technical proposals and test documents using Microsoft office. The product engineer shall be capable of evaluating concepts using standard engineering practices (FEA, FMEA, GD&T, etc.…). Intermittent travel to customer locations within the US and outside to be expected; roughly 30%. Product Engineer shall be capable of using CAD (Solid Works) to create design concepts, test fixtures, free body diagrams, etc.…Product Engineer shall have basic financial understanding of cost of production of machined and purchased parts to assist in the costing of the final assembly. Assist the sales team in marketing initiatives for a product. Interaction with our customers is a daily occurrence, thus polished interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Must have 3D design Experience – Solidworks Preferred (open to other 3D platforms)
- Bachelors in Engineering Required
- FEA/FMEA preferred
- Ability to write reports required
- Familiar with aerospace manufacturing processes
- Creative team player – ideally candidates who come from an open environment where ideas are shared freely and team work is important. But also the correct candidate would need minimal supervision, be able to manage their customers and maintain relationships and follow schedules.
- Someone who is mechanically inclined and can visualize projects from concept to completion
Please reference Job Code 4863 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.