firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1432
Major machinery manufacturing company with facilities in North America and Europe requires a controls engineer for its office in Akron. The preferred candidate should have a B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Prepare detail drawings and schematics for electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic machine control sub-systems using AutoCAD
- Review, specify and verify use of sub-vendor components in final machine design
- Work with other engineers and manufacturing personnel to clarify and resolve controls problems
- Develop, implement and evaluate test procedures to verify machine operation meets functional and performance specifications
- Troubleshoot and debug industrial machine PLC and HMI programs
- Five years of control systems/software design and implementation experience.
- Familiarity with pneumatic controls and process control instrumentation with industrial network/communication protocols
- Ability to configure, design and debug PLC ladder logic and HMI programs
- Experience with RSLogix5000 and FactoryTalk View
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
- EPLAN and Siemens experience not mandatory but preferred
- Ability to multi-tasking projects
Please reference Job Code 4876 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.