Controls Design Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1432
This position manages all aspects of process controls and drive equipment in the building. This position has no direct supervisory duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and an adherence to Companies Core Values are expected.
- Design & build process control loops.PLC and HMI programming
- Set up and optimize all manners of electrical equipment including:
- Motor drives
- Controllers (temp, tension, speed pots, etc.)
- Measurement devices
- Manage all process data collection and communication systems.
- Advise operators and line mechanics of operational procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Inform appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Ability to configure, design and debug PLC ladder logic and HMI programs
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Prepare detail drawings and schematics for electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic machine control sub-systems using AutoCAD
- Review, specify and verify use of sub-vendor components in final machine design
- Work with other engineers and manufacturing personnel to clarify and resolve controls problems
- Develop, implement and evaluate test procedures to verify machine operation meets functional and performance specifications
- Troubleshoot and debug industrial machine PLC and HMI programs
- Proficiency in multiple styles of process data communication and/or systems
- PLC Programming and system design
- BSEE or equivalent
Please reference Job Code 4914 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.