Senior Software Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1432
Contribute to the design and development of test equipment for the Aerospace Industry based on customer requirements and industry trends. Create product designs and work with cross functional teams to complete the new product development process and produce robust functional products. Participate in continuous product improvement, standardization, and cost reduction activities.
Researches, designs, and implements computer software as defined by internal and external customers. Specific desired skill sets include, but are not limited to: C++, C#, VB, Java, VB.NET, Windows, Ethernet, build process, object oriented design, API interface documentation, client/server applications, graphical user interface (GUI) design, and a variety of 3rd party software tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Systems Engineering
- Background in electronics and power electronics test
- Hardware experience including complex measurement systems design and integration; experience with multiple automatic measurement system architectures (GPIB, PXI, VXI, etc)
- Good understanding of basic measurement switching, high density signal interfacing, and standard practices to reduce electrical noise susceptibility and emission.
- Production or test machine programming experience. Interfacing with motor controllers, temperature controllers, measurement devices, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), etc. on a machine via PC programming. - Highly preferred.
- C# experience - A must
- C++ experience - A must.
- VB.net experience - Highly preferred.
- LabView Experience – a plus
- Test procedure writing and executing experience.
- Embedded programming (For: AVR+ )
- Good trouble-shooting experience - A Must
- Data acquisition(DAQ) experience using National Instruments (NI) hardware and tools. - Bonus
- Test Equipment operating experience. Includes oscilloscopes, volt-amp meters, power meters, etc. - a Must
- Keil embedded development a plus
- Electrical hardware design - Circuit boards or controls – a plus
- Motors/Variable frequency drive (VFD) – a plus
- ITAR/Govt. – Bonus
- Writing a Scope of work(SOW) and Work Break-Down structures. (WBS), as required, when no such documents exist from a customer. They are writing based on the experience of the candidate. – Preferred
- Documentation/ giving training - Writing technical manuals and training people on how to operate something. – Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Five or more years of experience including design and development of computerized equipment.
Please reference Job Code 4922 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.