Tool and Die Maintenance Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1440
Responsible for supervising and scheduling the work force required to maintain, repair, revise and construct all tooling required. Manages productivity of tool and die repairmen, journeymen, toolmakers and apprentice toolmakers, accurately scheduling hours to meet production needs and maintain tools forconsistency and efficiency. Works with Tooling Engineers and product designers providing input to manufacturing capability.
- Accurately estimates hours for die construction, repair and troubleshooting. Prepares follow-up reports.
- Able to accurately schedule die makers to meet due dates for die build within budget.
- Accurately inspects new tooling.
- Performs last strip evaluation and prepares appropriate documentation.
- May work with product designers providing input to manufacturing capability on newly formed products.
- Prepares employee performance reviews and other reports including disciplinary reports.
- Knowledgeable of the machines within the department; able to schedule and advise die makers on the “right machine for the right job.”
- Basic CNC knowledge, including: Sodick, AutoCad and CNC Mill
- Able to provide on-the-job training to apprentices.
- Completion of formal apprenticeship program or completion of in‑company, five‑year training program.
- Requires a very high degree of precision and control in work where damage could be high and where muscular control and delicate touch are required.
- High degree of attention and care required, to prevent injury to self and others when operating machine tools.
Please reference Job Code 4957 PM when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.