Inspection Room Supervisor
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1440
Responsible for the inspection of product under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager.
Major Responsibilities & Authority:
- Inspect products using various inspection gages and visual inspection prior to product shipment
- Variable data collection and completion of inspection records
- Verification of certifications and testing of incoming raw materials
- Examine material or product for surface defects such as cracks, pits, and other surface irregularities.
- Compare product with applicable parts list or sample model to ensure completion of assembly.
- Verifies dimensional compliance of all products with drawing and customer requirements.
- Interpret engineering drawings and confer with Management or Engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Perform in-process inspection and testing of products throughout the manufacturing process to ensure compliance with all applicable mechanical and process related requirements.
- High school or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in Quality Control function in Aerospace or Medical environment
- Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and engineering sketches.
- Ability to perform simple layout inspections.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to follow documented procedures, work instructions and customer required records.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection.
- Calypso Software experience a plus
- Zeiss CMM experience a plus
Please reference Job Code 4964 PM when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.