email@example.com P: 216-455-1440
The Operations Manager leads all resources and activities related to the production of precision machined parts within the company. Production areas include screw machine, multi-spindle and shipping/receiving. Functional areas include Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Production Efficiency and Maintenance.
- Ensure all products are manufactured according to specifications and safety and quality standards in most efficient manner
- Meet or exceed budgets as well as other key financial manufacturing performance goals; Ability to analyze P&L and balance sheet to achieve financial objectives
- Administer continuous improvements and lead lean transformation initiatives
- Execute operations plan to assure on-time completion of production orders
- Oversight of Quality Assurance and development of related systems and procedures
- Establish and administer KPIs to ensure customer and company business needs are consistently achieved and provide timely information to executive management team to drive effective business strategies
- Develop direct staff performance goals and objectives aligned with organizational goals
- Manage warranty issues
- 10+ years of experience in operations management, including experience managing discrete manufacturing operations
- BS/BA in engineering, business or related discipline (MBA is a plus)
- Strong technical capabilities. Detailed knowledge manufacturing processes. Experience with Davenport Screw Machines a plus.
- Intimate knowledge of Lean Manufacturing: 5S, Kaizen, Visual Management specifically. Record of driving improved productivity and cost reduction. Green belt trained a positive.
- Results orientation. Track record of consistently driving improved operational performance (e.g. cost, labor productivity, customer service, quality, safety, compliance, and people management)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to travel and work in various operating/manufacturing locations across the business
- Demonstrated leadership experience
Other Desirable Experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strength in driving change and transformation
Please reference Job Code 4995 PM when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.