Production/Plant Manager Rubber
email@example.com P: 216-455-1423
My client is a manufacturer and distributer of rubber products. We are currently looking for a Plant Manager to oversee all manufacturing and distributing operations at our Newcomerstown, Ohio location. The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading in a manufacturing environment with familiarity of rubber molding and mixing being a plus. The Plant Manager will report directly to the President and will have responsibility over all department heads at our 100+ employee facility.
Current production operates on four, ten hour days with multiple shifts and shipping 5 days per week. We currently operate in 150,000+ sq. ft. with plans to expand. We are looking for someone willing to grow with our company.
- Direct reporting to the company President
- Responsibility for all rubber mixing, rubber molding, chemical mixing, manufacturing and distribution of tire repair materials
- Direct supervision of all department heads including Quality, Maintenance, Molding, Mixing, Chemicals, Packing, Shipping, Receiving and others.
- Responsible for product quality and on-time delivery of customer orders
- Schedule and fill positions as needed to ensure production requirements are met.
- Responsible for hiring, performance reviews, promotions, disciplinary action and termination.
- Implement training programs for all production and maintenance employees
- Responsible for performance evaluations for all department employees
- Maintain clean, safe working environment for all employees
- Management of safety that includes maintaining and improving a safe working environment through training and continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, OSHA, Safety, Human Resource, and all related laws and regulations
- Ensure that adequate production, maintenance, safety, environmental, regulatory and quality control records are maintained in an accurate manner
- Create production plans to best utilize resources and meet customer expectations
- Oversee and direct all production activities
- Develop and implement manufacturing principles to improve product flow, cost, quality, and safety.
- All other duties as assigned. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
- Investigate manufacturing problems and initiate corrective measures
- Provide strong team leadership and demonstrate hands-on productivity improvement
- Adheres to the companies Quality Policy as well as all applicable ISO procedures and work instructions
- Technical and/or bachelor degree preferred but not required
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of rubber processing including molding and mixing a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills necessary (MS Office)
- Ability to lead with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Production Management: 5 years
Competitive salary based on experience of the ideal candidate will include a benefits package with medical insurance, paid time off, 401k & quarterly bonuses program after 1 year of service.
Please reference Job Code 5002 MC when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.