Shift Superintendent Tire
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1423
**10+ YEARS TIRE MANUFACTURING SUPERVISING OR MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO APPLY**
The Shift Superintendent coordinates the efforts of shift personnel and ensures productivity, quality, and safety objectives are met on each production shift. To provide technical support, resolve problems, and achieve maximum utilization of equipment, materials, and manpower to meet safety, quality, and productivity goals.
- Accountable for shift production.
- Ensures that scrap and defect goals are met.
- Promotes awareness of safety and ensures safety goals are met.
- Responsible for cost and man-hours of production for shift.
- Ensures that critical manning is obtained.
- Ensures that production needs of following shifts are available.
- Ensures all aspects of the existing company safety policy are being followed
- Responsible for ISO9001 qualification, standardization and maintaining of documentations for compliance.
- Manage the department based on the (SEQDCH) requirements of Yokohama.
- Follow Stop – Call – Wait procedure.(Ex: Non Conformance Report, Scrap generation, Machine breakdown)
- Visit all areas on your shift. (As frequent as possible.)
- Monitor availability of material, specifications, and tooling, to resolve problems with each.
- Address and resolve safety and quality issues within allowed time frame.
- Supervise and coordinate TPM activates
- Assist in developing and implementing improvement projects
- Troubleshoot and resolve machine problems, safety problems and quality problems
- Expert knowledge of all working equipment within department
- Expert knowledge of all technical standards within department
- Shift Superintendent going off shift will manage all emergency situations if they occur at shift change.
- Maintains employee time and attendance records
Possible training overseas for up to 2 months or as needed.
- 10+ years tire manufacturing supervising or management experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Strong leadership skills are a must
- Ability to develop high performing teams
- Strong follow up skills required
- Committed to Safety and Teamwork
- Technical/analytic skills
- Effective written/oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Must have strong Excel knowledge
- Project and Time management Skills
Please reference Job Code 5073 MC when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.