Controls Engineer - Senior
email@example.com P: 216-455-1429
Provide leadership within our controls engineering group. Develop our younger engineers. Compliment and cross-train with our experienced engineers. Provide solid safety solutions to complex automation processes. Develop, modify and troubleshoot machine automation controls and processes to improve production efficiency, reduce waste, and reliability. Improve understanding and troubleshooting skills of our multi-craft maintenance workforce.
- Expert level knowledge of safety systems, automation technology, & controls architecture
- PLC design, development, implementing, & troubleshooting manufacturing equipment to increase productivity and quality
- Estimate and control projects, schedules and cost to insure timely installation and cost effectiveness
- Ability to train and develop maintenance workforce in understanding and troubleshooting equipment
- Create schedules, initiate capital budgets, and develop vendors, OEM’s, and contractors
- Analyze data and develop countermeasures to address safety, reliability, and quality issues
- Prepare complete documentation files to include continuous improvement, as-built drawings, standard operational procedures (SOP’s)
- Assist maintenance, production, quality assurance with product monitoring and traceability.
- Coordinate with tire design and compound development to improve quality and reduce waste.
- Work closely with maintenance team to address downtime and reliability improvement issues.
- At least 10 years in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Extensive PLC experience using Allen Bradley / Rockwell Automation equipment required.
- Mitsubishi PLC experience a plus.
- Also experienced preferred with networking, Ethernet, HMI’s, machine to machine interface, and host PLC’s.
Please reference Job Code 5119 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.