Plant Engineering Manager
email@example.com P: 216-455-1429
Plant Engineer Manager provides all engineering and maintenance related services for tire plant. Coordinates all capital and expense budgets, maintenance operating budgets, storeroom budgets, and all maintenance functions to ensure that equipment is operable. Ensures that equipment meets quality and safety requirements and operates to proper efficiency levels. Manager will also be responsible for developing engineered solutions for production floor issues and systems with the goal of improving product quality, cost or production flow.
- Organizes, plans and manages all plant engineering and maintenance(preventative, predictive, and proactive) activities
- Administers capital budgets in compliance with timeliness and accuracy
- Identifies, defines and resolves equipment related problems and all maintenance issues
- Establishes energy targets and budgets
- Develops all company internal/external policies and procedures to be used for engineering maintenance guidelines with a high priority on safety, quality and environment
- Point person for new projects and data analysis
- Help solve problems by defining the problem, gathering information/data, analyzing the data, listing possible solutions, trying the solutions, instituting the best solution, following up, and keeping records of trials
- Responsible for all facility utilities (power and boiler)
- Plans and establishes engineering schedules and follows up performance against estimates.
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures
- Manages development of equipment and installation standards
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Initiates cost reduction proposals from other sources, compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action, and checks on results obtained.
- Proposes and controls department budget, forecasts operating costs of department, and directs preparation of budget requests.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects
- Develop and lead projects to improve machine reliability
- Responsible that all equipment installation meets applicable codes and standards
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering desired with 10 years of tire/rubber experience within a plant engineering environment
Please reference Job Code 5121 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.