email@example.com P: 216-455-1429
Our client is a manufacturer of highly engineered, injection molded components and assemblies, currently seek a Tooling Engineer.
Under general direction, this individual can expect to be responsible for or involved in the following:
- Guide all efforts pertaining to the design, sourcing, maintenance and repair of injection molds within established mold build standards for use in our manufacturing operation.
- Coordination of all tooling RFQ’s
- Lead the design review effort on sourced tooling before fabrication kick off.
- Coordination of the tooling master list
- Capable of estimating tooling expense pertaining to new or reworked efforts
- Capable of guiding the design of tooling in the interest of the customer, product and manufacturing requirements.
- Serve as a technical resource internally
- Experienced with plastic injection molding and processing
- Manufacturing support as needed (processing, cooling fixtures, jigs, etc)
- Experienced with 3D modeling Systems
- Continuous improvement on existing tooling
- Tooling technology guidance
- Manage the tooling supplier base
- Capable of sample evaluations (dimensional, cosmetic) and coordinating tooling rework to correct non conformances
- Project/Program coordination – customer, supplier, vendor, employee interface as needed outside of tooling engineer responsibilities.
- Support of the ISO system
- Coordinate the development and formulation of long and short term planning, policies, programs and objectives
- Support efforts to establish and maintain the company as a recognized, world class manufacturing facility
- Procurement of all materials and supplies used in support of tooling maintenance.
- Support in other aspects of the business where experience and desire exude.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a similar capacity with experience on both tooling and manufacturing operations using that tooling.
- Capable of balancing scheduling, supplier development, coordination of in house resources, procurement and problem resolution needs for the good of all would best define a qualified candidate.
Please reference Job Code 5135 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.