Technical Service Project Leader
email@example.com P: 216-455-1429
The Technical Service Project Leader is responsible to provide technical leadership for applications development in support of new and existing product initiatives in specialty elastomer products for the adhesive market. The dimensions of this leadership include a strong interface with commercial sales & marketing, new product R&D, and manufacturing process & project engineers. The ability to engage in effective communication with customers is expected, with the objective to identify technical needs and opportunities as well as explain the features and benefits of new and existing products. This position will involve significant amounts of international travel and work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in applications development to support new & existing products with a primary focus on SBS, SEBS and SSBR product category.
- Initiate lab studies, complete technical reports on results and provide commercial reports to support interface with customers.
- Interact with customers to communicate features of new & existing products.
- Participate in cross-functional teams for evaluation and management of new product initiatives
- Communicate technical applications development status to commercial management
- Maintain a broad knowledge of new developments in rubber technology and polymer science
- Teach basic concepts of elastomers technology to manufacturing engineers
- Participate in problem solving teams regarding customer complaints
- Support commercial inquiries or initiatives in new or existing markets
- Travel minimum two weeks per month to maintain a close relationship with customers & colleagues including international travel.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industrial elastomer technology.
- BS or higher in Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline
- Successful track record in SBS applications development for the adhesives market.
- Knowledge of key adhesive customers including current SBS product requirements, trends for future requirements and critical decision makers for product qualification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Broad interest and knowledge of elastomer and polymer technology
- Ability and desire to work in a non-US environment
- Open to constructive feedback
- Customer focus
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and interact effectively with other teams
Please reference Job Code 5149 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.