firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1432
Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with customer specifications and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops processes that meet safety regulations.
- Applies sound engineering judgment to problems, which may include moderate complexity and conflicting design objectives or difficult materials.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates projects of moderate scope.
- Adapt and devise new approaches to difficult problems from standard or known techniques.
- Estimates schedules, staffing needs, project cost and budget.
- Responsible for equipment design, development and procurement. Tests materials and prepares specifications.
- Represents company on technical issues and requirements to the customer. Adapt and devise new approaches to difficult problems from standard or known techniques.
- Makes independent decisions on work.
- Assumes technical ownership for assigned products and projects.
- Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of processes and related equipment
- Coordinate launches of new processes including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production.
- Supports on-going production to assure on-time delivery and company profitability.
- Degree Preferred
- 5+ years’ experience required
Areas of proficiency desired:
- Advanced CNC programming for production processes
- Gear manufacturing (cutting, grinding, and forming processes)
- Production grinding processes (OD and ID cylindrical, in-feed and through-feed centerless, surface, and rotary)
- Factory automation (PLC’s and robots)
- Other manufacturing processes (honing, burnishing, polishing, assembly, and washing processes)
- Metals, coatings, plating, and heat treatment
- Fixture design
- Cutting tool design
- CAD (Solidworks or other 3D CAD programs)
- Lean manufacturing
- GD&T application and measurement
- Inspection equipment (CMM, profile, surface finish, cylindricity, and others)
- Gear specifications and inspection processes
- Function and design of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems