Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1432
Lead design of engineering solutions to drive risk reduction on operations/manufacturing equipment (new and existing)., leadership to implement risk abatement devices, activities, tasks. Collaborate closely with safety department, operations and engineering to align and focus towards common strategy and direction
- Perform complex equipment design and direct the work of others.
- Obtain parts, services and materials required for initial equipment changes working with supply chain management. Work with project manager to implement changes across other like equipment.
- Provide regular status reports to appropriate people.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical or manufacturing preferred).
- Five + years practical engineering and safety compliance in manufacturing environment, Experience with heavy manufacturing equipment. Manufacturing equipment risk assessment and hazard recognition experience required.
- Ability to work independently along with identifying and leading small groups and projects with little direction.
- Familiar with OSHA, NFPA and applicable ANSI standards as related to manufacturing equipment
- Effective communication skills and ability to openly seek information and apply it in an appropriate fashion.
- Effective interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Must have hands-on mechanical or electrical experience related to machine process capability.
- Familiar with current design software and record keeping (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CREO)
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
Please reference Job Code 5164 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.