Mechanical Design Team Leader
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1432
Support Systems, Product, and Development Engineering by generating mechanical designs and documentation for manufacturing and the customer. Provide mechanical design leadership and training to junior mechanical designers. Reduce vendor and manufacturing rework through improved mechanical designs and thorough design reviews.
- Develop first of kind mechanical designs to customer needs
- Mentor junior mechanical designers including support in design conceptualization and design reviews
- Create and improve upon existing mechanical design standards
- Set schedules and priorities for the mechanical design team to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Produce mechanical drawings and documents using CAD equipment.
- Create and add mechanical elements to the CAD library.
- Provide manufacturability input for design reviews for products and systems.
- Comply with all applicable standards, including internal design engineering standards.
- Resolve assigned product substitute parts issues caused by lead time, cost, or obsolescence with Purchasing and Engineering
- Resolve product design issues with Production, Purchasing and Engineering, including change requests.
- Support of Sales and Marketing to provide budgetary estimates and manufacturing solutions to customer or market opportunities as assigned
- Interface between Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Engineering to answer assembly questions and solve non-compliance issues
- Create Manufacturing and Customer assembly instructions for complex mechanical designs
- Review one’s own work to ensure drawing packages are error free prior to return to Engineering or release to Manufacturing.
- The employee will be the mechanical design team leader. The employee must be able to effectively train employees and verify they have learned.
- 3+ years Designing enclosures
- Eight plus years of experience in mechanical design (including fabrication details) of enclosures, high power assemblies, and high current bus systems for industrial applications.
- Experience with AutoCAD (Version 2004 or later) with 3D modeling using Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks preferred. Supervisory experience is a plus.
Degree: Bachelor Degree with Masters Degree preferred
Major: Mechanical or Mechanical Engineering Technology
Please reference Job Code 5166 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.