Audit Senior Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1421
Our client is a CPA and business consulting firm committed to providing outstanding professional services for our clients, rewarding careers for our staff, and diligent service to our communities. For nearly a century, the firm has focused our expertise and resources on providing superior accounting, tax, forensic, and consulting services to a wide array of clients in a variety of industries. Through careful examination of the issues affecting business success, our CPAs, CFEs, CFFs, advisors, and auditors develop strategies and solutions to help our clients thrive in today’s global economy.
Currently seeking a Tax Manager to join firms Multistate Tax Services Group in our Cleveland or Akron Offices. Services include state income and franchise tax reporting, state and local tax controversy, sales and use tax planning, incentives and credits, and property tax.
The Tax Manager will have the opportunity to develop and pursue strategies while using the latest software technology. The position will provide day-to-day management of accounts through the delivery of tax consulting and compliance services.
Primary responsibilities will include overseeing tax research projects for all clients across all industries, including tax analysis for entities and affiliates, research and analysis of tax issues and their implications, and the assumption of tax planning responsibilities for both corporate and individual tax clients.
Additional responsibilities will include managing various tax engagements, supervision and development of engagement team members, and providing career guidance and development. Tax Managers will draft and assist in the delivery of proposals covering all ranges of services offered.
Firm offers competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to a unique incentive program that rewards our exemplary employees. Firm also offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes your choice of medical programs, generous PTO, 401k, and various bonus opportunities.
To be considered for this position, candidates must:
- CPA, Enrolled Agent or other appropriate certification required.
- 5+ years experience in State and Local Tax with a specialization in State Income and Franchise tax.
- Master’s degree in Taxation, JD, JD/LLM is a plus.
- Solid understanding and experience with tax planning, tax analysis, state tax compliance and tax research.
- Excellent research, writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Experience working within a CPA firm or Law Firm is preferred.
- Management/Supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) as well as basic knowledge of operating systems.
Please reference Job Code 5175 EG when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.