Audit Senior - Akron or Cleveland, OH
email@example.com P: 216-455-1421
Our client is a Top 20 independent CPA and business advisory firms in Northeast Ohio serving greater Akron, Cleveland, and surrounding regions. Our clients span a variety of industries, many with multi-state and global operations. For almost 60 years this firm specializes in accounting, audit, tax services, litigation support, valuation and transaction advisory, with focus on private equity, privately held business and SEC companies. Our client is a member of Allinial Global, the Financial Consulting Group (FCG), and is registered with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
- Participates in audit, review and compilation engagements from planning through issuance.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements and notes to the financial statements.
- Self-Review of own work papers prior to submitting to direct supervisor.
- Prepares audit programs, time budgets and planning documentation.
- Develops staff and provides on the job training for them.
- Provides timely feedback to Supervisors / Managers in preparing performance evaluations of staff accountants.
- Obtains a strong working knowledge of accounting, tax and other applicable software.
- Participates in selected administrative committees and functions.
- Seeks projects when available.
- Adheres to the Firm’s Mission and Core Values.
Benefits: Highly competitive benefits package that offers employees the following distinctive benefits: Paid time off, Health and Wellness, Employee Development, and more.
3 years of recent audit experience in a public accounting,CPA Licensure is highly desirable, but not required
- Big 4 Experience or Regional firm experienced desired
- A proven track record of academic and professional excellence
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required - ability to create formulas (including V-lookups a plus)
- Excellent mathematical and computational skills
- Ability to apply strong problem-solving techniques
- Positive attitude
- Outstanding client service skills
- Desire to learn and grow
Please reference Job Code EG MWO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.