Plant Manager – Heat Treat
email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
Responsible for all functions in the plant. Reports to the President. Empowered to make decisions to justify and acquire production personnel and supplies. Oversees department managers and supervisors and provides training. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Must have well-developed people skills, strong analytical and reasoning skills. Conducts annual and probationary competency reviews on all electroplate production personnel by evaluating performance, competency and training effectiveness and re-evaluating qualifications. Works with QA Manager regarding staffing levels in the labs. Deploys resources to resolve short term customer service issues. Monitors overtime and work schedules. Required to interact with quality, sales, customers, auditors and suppliers.
- Manage the work environment needed to achieve conformity to product requirements and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for organization and implementation of departmental training including identifying training needs.
- Should set up all facets of training on all levels of production, maintenance and all areas of the plant. Ensures Organic Supervisor, Building Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor are properly trained in proper handling/disposal of hazardous (solvent based) paints and ensure they receive on-the-job training on hazardous waste and OAC requirements.
- Reviews and ensures position descriptions define qualification criteria.
- Plan all maintenance programs for all equipment.
- Complete responsibility for all areas of the plant. Control and follow up all processes, plans and objectives and ensure employees work in accordance with the QMS.
- Delegate responsibilities and monitor all activities of all supervisory personnel to assure all areas of the plant are operating properly.
- Complete responsibility for profit and loss.
- Safety of entire plant including OSHA compliance.
- Housekeeping of entire plant.
- Cost reductions through the introduction of efficiencies.
- Maintain compliance with EPA.
- Work with sales to assure proper work is received and proper pricing is quoted.
- Participates in FMEA reviews annually.
- Review 7-11 report to maintain on-time delivery
- Attends daily service meetings and monitors completion of rush orders throughout the process.
Minimum 5 years management experience in chemicals or coatings. Excellent leadership and verbal/written communication skills; knowledge of ISO, A2LA, OSHA and OAC requirements; ability to follow compliance plans, procedures and work instructions. Analytical and problem solving skills. Two years supervising experience. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift or move up to ten pounds.
Please reference Job Code 5180 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.