firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1429
Our client develops, manufactures and markets high-quality, proprietary rubber-based products to various industries, including automotive, heavy industry, construction and infrastructure, oil & gas, and defense.
The Segment Manager will oversee the development, entry to our system, and future adjustments of customer compounds to meet all customer requirements within their segment, in a timely manner. They will manage the compounds, systems, and processes, within the segment such that maximum output and quality are achieved in a pro-associate environment.
- Coordinate RFQ enquiries within segment.
- Develop/Manage Cap Ex plans/projects within segment.
- Accountable for spread dollars by customer for segment.
- Coordinate Segment Team activities.
- Oversee the development of customer recipes from scratch, or based on customer-supplied recipes.
- Ensure recipes are entered into the system with all required documentation.
- Respond to customer technical problems as required, and maintain a good working relationship with customer contact person within their segment.
- Handle technical customer complaints and returns within their segment.
- Monitor the processing capability of issued recipes and adjust if necessary.
- Disposition off-spec compound and lead segment team on root cause analysis.
- Review new MSDS’s for problematic conditions and pass on concerns to Health & Safety Manager.
- Serve as a resource to the segment team on relevant issues.
- Participate on action teams or task forces as required.
- Establish and maintain budgets, targets, and objectives.
- Attend weekly department meetings as required along with the monthly QOS management review.
- Communicate with and coaches all Segment associates to ensure compliance with all plant, and Occupational Health and Safety policies.
- Perform all duties of a manager as outlined in the Internal Responsibilities section of the Health & Safety program manual.
- Ensure MSDS’ for compounds in their Segment are available to the customer.
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum five years industry and/or supervisory experience
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Compounding and technical experience
Please reference Job Code 5191 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.