firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1429
Our client manufactures high-volume, precision-machined, metal components. They are seeking:
Engineering Manager-to manage and coordinate the work of the Engineering Department emphasizing business procurement, quoting, process improvements and engineering coordination with other departments of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the General Manager and other members of management in directing the business from an engineering perspective.
- Manages the product development/engineering efforts throughout the life cycle of each of the Company’s products including the conceptual design, product feasibility and engineering quotes, detailed product design and associated drawings, manufacturing processes, tooling requirements, cycle times, first piece coordination, and product refinements.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Engineering Department.
- Assists the General Manager, Sales and Marketing in customer development and sales initiatives including on site customer visits.
- Conducts a continuous search of new materials, processes, and procedures to enhance and improve the Company’s products.
- Assists the Manufacturing Department in the development of processes and methods necessary to produce the product in accordance with customer specifications and Company manufacturing standards.
- Conducts and/or directs research and development of new products and product lines in support of the Company’s Strategic Plan.
- Directs the preparation of drawings, procedures, sketches, etc., necessary for the development of new products.
- Monitors compliance to the Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP) Program and supports the new product teams and team leaders.
- Leads Total Quality Management (TQM) Teams and other related teams to improve quality and system effectiveness.
- Investigates new equipment and technologies to improve engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
- Participates in the development and review of quotes for new business ensuring the Company meets customer engineering and manufacturing standards.
Please reference Job Code 5192 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.