email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
On a project by project basis, determine the functional requirements for the application, design an appropriate control system, prepare necessary documentation, support the implementation and communicate effectively.
Duties/Essential Job Functions:
- Perform necessary Project Management activities including, but not limited to:
- Assess and manage the expectations of the customer. Customer interaction
- Project planning and organization, risk identification/mitigation, resource allocation
- Coordinate, guide, support and follow up on the activities of involved groups
- Document all pertinent details
- Effective internal and external communications and status updates
- Based upon the project functional requirements, engineer customer specific control systems in an efficient and cost effective manner. Support the implementation through production,installation and start-up to ensure the end product satisfies the customer requirements.
- Prepare and update documentation as necessary including, but not limited to Schematics, Procedures and Manuals.
- Provide support to other departmental functions as required
- Provide guidance and mentoring support for junior associates as well as associates in other functional areas.
- Establish processes and guidelines in support of continual improvement.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Support after hours Customer Support pager rotation as required.
- PCs and associated peripheral equipment. Microsoft applications as well as various 3rd party applications/utilities.
- PLCs, HMI’s and other programmable/control devices.
- Oscilloscope, Various Meters and Test Equipment, Function Generator, etc.
- Hand tools, power tools, solder/de-solder tools, etc.
- Bachelors of Science in Electronic, Electrical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Five years minimum of hands on experience in assembly, test and design of electro-mechanical controls hardware and two years of Project Coordination experience. PLC programming experience and motor drive experience a plus. Ability to generate, read and interpret electronic, electrical and mechanical schematic, detail and assembly drawings.
- Computer skills including proficiency the operation and troubleshooting of PCs and peripheral equipment. Proficiency with the use of control system and Host applications as well as engineering development tools for PLC’s, HMI’s, drives, etc.
- Willingness to travel to both domestic and international locations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Team oriented with good customer service/interaction skills.
- Planning, organizational and time management abilities.
- Self-directed with ability to work independently.
- Problem solving skills with ability to use good business judgment and make decisions.
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!