email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
The Plant Controller is responsible for managing the financial operation of a manufacturing facility. This important role will produce accurate and timely financial statements, establish and maintain product costs and issue/analyze facility operational expenses. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager and working closely with operational management and corporate accounting, this is a key role at an advanced manufacturing site.
- Create accurate and timely Divisional financial statements
- Establish, maintain and report on accurate product costs in a standard costing environment
- Report on and analyze facility operational costs including manufacturing variance analysis
- Record expenses, analyze, review and discuss with appropriate managers. This would include analyses and reviews of cost center spend with management.
- Manage the budget process for the division, ensuring preparation within deadlines and adequate communication throughout the organization
- Responsible for establishment and periodic audit of relevant internal control processes and procedures to safeguard the assets of the division
- Perform various operational analysis for facility Management, producing appropriate financial and management data that support the decision making process.
- Produce month end reports accompanied by insightful comments to aid in operational decision-making.
- Maintain oversight and control of capital project spend, track against plan, close and report on cost accordingly
- Responsible for management and coordination of annual physical inventory count
- Any and all other duties assigned by the position’s direct or Functional supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration (CPA preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in computer based applications with emphasis on spreadsheet analysis. (SAP experience preferred).
- We are looking for someone to work with minimum oversight, who has strong written and verbal skills, a good communicator, who is proficient in Excel (pivots, V-Lookups etc) and, if possible, has SAP experience.
- There will be a requirement to use appropriate technology and techniques to process large amounts of data to be able to extract, summarize and produce relevant and useful info in support of sound business decision making.
- You will need to be a real Team member, to have fun and to be able to work in a fast paced environment, managing multiple priorities and deadlines. We need this person to get their hands dirty and be hungry for the details and have a high level of character and integrity. Responsible for, periodically, seeing and handling confidential information.
Please reference Job Code 5198 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.