email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
Responsible for daily departmental production output based on customer requirements. Maximize production efficiency through machine uptime improvement. Improve communication and problem solving between production, maintenance, tool room and engineering. Reduce process cycle, setup and changeover time. Improve workspace organization.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations including wearing and maintaining personal protective equipment. Maintain work area in a clean and safe condition.
- Assist in measuring team performance for safety, quality, delivery and cost. Work with team members, other business functions, customers and suppliers to continually improve these measures.
- Understands customer requirements and ensures daily production output to meet customer requirements.
- Troubleshoot existing processes to improve quality, productivity and ensure on time delivery. Determines root cause of problems. Independently resolves machine and process issues or includes appropriate cross functional group acting as advocate to resolve issues.
- Optimizes speeds and feeds, tool selection and reduces tool cost. Implement preset tooling, setup reduction and workspace organization projects.
- Tracks history of machine problems, identifies patterns, develops short and long-range improvements with appropriate cross-functional resources. Recommends solutions. Implements solutions.
- Uses statistical problem solving to improve process quality. Conducts analysis to check applicability and accuracy of technical data used in problem solving.
- Implement projects to improve safety, process quality, productivity and scrap.
- Provides training to associates to increase technical skill levels based on individual associates knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis. Arrange schedule to meet training needs for production associates on all shifts.
- Attend required training programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
5 years of manufacturing or equivalent experience with a proven track record of production problem solving on precision metal components including improvements to speeds and feeds, tool types and coatings, work holding improvements, programming improvements, etc. An associate degree, certified apprenticeship or equivalent education in a related field may substitute for up to two years of experience.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment. Experience in the setup and operation of manufacturing equipment
- Authorized LockOut/TagOut training.
- Problem solving skills using statistical techniques (SPC).
- Working knowledge of metrology and GD&T
- Must be proficient in at least one of the following areas:
o CNC programming and setup of turning machines and machining centers and/or inspection equipment such as CMM, Perthometer, gear inspection.
o Multi-spindle automatic process design and optimization
o CNC grinder process design and optimization
o Mechanical Engineering – design equipment
o Electrical Engineering – PLC/device programming and electrical wiring.
o CNC programming and setup of turning machines and machining centers
- Detailed technical knowledge of set-up, programming, tool selection, assembly and testing procedures.
- Training skills to train production associates
- Computer skills to include spreadsheets, graphing, etc.
- Ability to think ahead. Knowledge of production cycle.
- Broad experience with precision components and assembly
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- Quality orientation
- Knowledge of OSHA and related safety regulations
- Occasional Travel required. On-call
Please reference Job Code 5218 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.