email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with customer specifications and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
- Develops processes that meet safety regulations.
- Applies sound engineering judgment to problems, which may include moderate complexity and conflicting design objectives or difficult materials.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates projects of moderate scope.
- Adapt and devise new approaches to difficult problems from standard or known techniques.
- Estimates schedules, staffing needs, project cost and budget.
- Responsible for equipment design, development and procurement. Tests materials and prepares specifications.
- Represents on technical issues and requirements to the customer. Adapt and devise new approaches to difficult problems from standard or known techniques.
- Makes independent decisions on work.
- Assumes technical ownership for assigned products and projects.
- Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of processes and related equipment
- Coordinate launches of new processes including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production.
- Supports on-going production to assure on-time delivery and company profitability.
- Apply statistical methods and perform process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing engineering on cross-functional teams.
- Writes appropriation requests.
- Procures tools/equipment.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast changes while maintaining working relationships.
- Ensures compliance with the organization standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, on-time delivery.
- Maintenance of TS registration
- Participates in Kaizen events.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in mechanical or manufacturing engineering or equivalent. Experience desired in a high precision and high volume machining manufacturing environment. Experience with related materials and processes. TS quality system or equivalent experience. PPAP and APQP experience.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
- CNC experience a plus
- Experience in the setup and operation of manufacturing equipment
- Detailed knowledge of principles and practices of manufacturing engineering.
- Broad experience with precision components and assembly
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Ability to creatively conceptualize, plan, design and implement all equipment and processes required to efficiently manufacture precision components and assemblies in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with vendors, customers, and associates.
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- Quality orientation
- Knowledge of OSHA and related safety regulations
- Computer proficient including CAD
- Occasional Travel required
Please reference Job Code 5219 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form. You may also visit our website at www.marvelconsultants.com