email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
Responsible for all functions affecting operations and performance at a single plant. Works with the senior management team to develop, implement programs to drive growth in revenue and earnings and to achieve and maintain superior product quality and customer service. Directly responsible for the day-to-day operation of a precision metal components manufacturing facility. Participates in strategic and annual business planning. Either directly or indirectly has responsibility for up to 300 exempt and nonexempt associates.
- Establish and enhance profitable operations of the plant by meeting productivity and financial objectives, and meeting organizations goals related to safety, quality, timely product delivery and cost.
- Lead, motivate, and develop subordinate managers to meet both annual profitability goals as well as long-term growth objectives, and promote the highest level of teamwork and employees relations with and among manufacturing personnel.
- Partner with the Level 3 Manager to design and implement continuous improvement programs in the areas of cost/productivity, quality and service to ensure the accomplishment of annual and long-term business goals and objectives in the plant.
- Utilize lean/six sigma tools and team management tools to develop and improve the skills of subordinate managers, technical associates, and plant personnel.
- Assist the Director of Operations in planning and implementing the following:
- Materials planning, optimization of capacity, machine utilization, and plant throughput maximization.
- Capital equipment planning and budgeting
- Inventory/materials management and production scheduling to support market and customer pull demand systems
- Confer with other departments and disciplines to coordinate operational activities including engineering, quality assurance, materials, and HR within the plant
- Participate in the development of annual business plans that support the long-term strategic growth of the plant.
- Maintenance of TS registration
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or business is required.
- A minimum of 4 years broad operations management experience with an industrial products company known for its highly technical products, manufacturing capabilities and profitability. Must have manufacturing management experience, including P&L responsibility and experience with multi-year program product life cycles.
- Proven track record of success managing and improving profitable operations required.
- Experience must include automotive OEM as a first-, second-, or third-tier supplier.
- Knowledge of precision component metal manufacturing, heat treating, machining, automated assembly and testing processes preferred.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, and leadership skills.
- Excellent engineering knowledge, both process and mechanical, to ensure manufacturing excellence of high-precision, mission-critical metal component products.
- Understanding of and demonstrated success in the implementation of lean manufacturing, six sigma, and total productive maintenance initiatives
- Experience and ability to create and maintain a positive company culture.
- Vision and leadership necessary to inspire the organization to achieve annual and long-term goals, creating and sustaining a world-class manufacturing operation.
- Must possess exceptional analytical skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing control systems as well as commonly used PC-based software such as Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of OSHA and related safety standards.
- Skills in budget preparation and fiscal management
- Travel required. On-call continuously.
Please reference Job Code 5220 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.