Manufacturing Engineer - Process Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1432
This position will be responsible for identifying, developing and delivering innovative solutions that improve process capabilities and production schedules while maintaining and improving safety and quality standards. The primary purpose of this role is to support improvement of existing processes, design and maintain manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve equipment reliability, and develop best practices within the manufacturing facility to improve labor efficiencies, improve product yields, reduce material cost and improve the overall equipment effectiveness.
- Provide technical leadership on new products by designing and developing manufacturing processes and related fixtures and tooling that will produce the highest quality level product at the lowest cost.
- Establish manufacturing routings and labor standards for new products and update existing routings as needed to accurately represent the actual manufacturing process.
- Create and maintain process flows, PFMEA, Standard Operating Procedures, and production capability studies.
- Drive continuous improvements by developing and implementing systems and process improvements that optimize all phases of the manufacturing process. Be actively involved in the development and implementation of the long term improvement plans.
- Develop cost reduction initiatives throughout the facility to reduce material, labor, scrap, and overhead costs.
- Reduce tooling changeover times, reduce equipment downtime and improve the plant’s overall processes for effectively monitoring preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Implement 5S, lean manufacturing, KPI’s and 6 Sigma tools to improve product yields and product quality.
- Create Preventative Maintenance procedures for all equipment.
- Aid in the troubleshooting quality problems on existing and new product lines.
- Provide technical inputs for incident investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a machining and heavy mechanical assembly manufacturing environment.
- Employee must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma Lean Manufacturing. Green Belt certified helpful.
- Knowledge of MS Office, excellent written and oral communications skills, able to work in a self-directed or team environment and have good organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi task, follow through and meet deadlines in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing supervision role would be a plus.
- Capability to coach individuals to a higher performance.
- Aid in the implementation of continuous improvements.
Please reference Job Code 5228 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.