Vice President of Finance
email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
Vice President of Finance
The VP of Finance contributes to the overall success of the organization by proactively managing all financial tasks for the organization and being an effective member of the organization’s leadership team. This position will also have responsibility to build key financial process capabilities in proactive financial management across forecasting, pricing, procurement, manufacturing costing and transportation & warehousing. Financial partner and advisor to the leadership team in day-to-day decision-making
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ensure company reports are analyzed and discussed with Corporate and Local management, financial and operational senior management to identify key factors, and that appropriate key performance indicators are implemented.
- Create the appropriate control environment, standardizing processes and ensuring information systems deliver constant and unwavering accounting integrity.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures including systems and controls for inventory, credit control, and petty cash
- Proactively manage/forecast business cash flow identifying and reporting needs well in advance
- Establish guidelines for operating and capital budgets and ongoing forecast preparation; prepare the annual budgets with the team
- Prepare forward-looking strategic modeling and planning that aligns with the Company’s strategic plan.
- Lead month-end close responsibilities ensuring adherence to timeline and reporting and analysis requirements as well as leading the year-end audit
- Own the proactive financial management of costs related to manufacturing, procurement, transportation and warehousing and related margin management/optimization
- Partner with Sales & Marketing to develop and analyze financial strategy/tracking behind pricing, sku and customer optimization and rationalization
- Prepare ad hoc financial modeling, proforma development and forecasting for the Company.
- Activities, duties or responsibilities may be assigned or change at any time with or without notice
- Self-starter with the technical know-how (product costing important) to build the right financial capabilities for a very dynamic consumer product/manufacturing company.
- Develop and maintain all product costing processes to ensure costs are always up to date and accurate
- Cost accounting/Product costing experience/knowledge...preferably Standard costing
- Manufacturing experience …… must have minimum 10-15 in manufacturing, plus 5+ in others for a total of 20 years+
- Bachelors and/or CPA
- Great communicator/team builder
- Excellent Excel and modeling
- Ability to travel between sites
Please reference Job Code 5240 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.