email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
Reports to the President. Empowered to make decisions to justify and acquire production personnel and supplies. Oversees department managers and supervisors and provides training. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Must have well-developed people skills, strong analytical and reasoning skills. Conducts annual and probationary competency reviews on all electroplate production personnel by evaluating performance, competency and training effectiveness and re-evaluating qualifications. Works with QA Manager regarding staffing levels in the labs. Deploys resources to resolve short term customer service issues. Monitors overtime and work schedules. Required to interact with quality, sales, customers, auditors and suppliers.
- Manage the work environment needed to achieve conformity to product requirements and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for organization and implementation of departmental training includingidentifying training needs. Should set up all facets of training on all levels of production, maintenance and all areas of the plant. Ensures Organic Supervisor, Building Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor are properly trained in proper handling/disposal of hazardous (solvent based) paints and ensure they receive on-the-job training on hazardous waste and OAC requirements.
- Reviews and ensures position descriptions define qualification criteria.
- Plan all maintenance programs for all equipment.
- Complete responsibility for all areas of the plant. Control and follow up all processes, plans and objectives and ensure employees work in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Conduct internal audits per ISO requirements.
- Delegate responsibilities and monitor all activities of all supervisory personnel to assure all areas of the plant are operating properly.
- Complete responsibility for profit and loss.
- Safety of entire plant including OSHA compliance.
- Housekeeping of entire plant.
- Cost reductions through the introduction of efficiencies.
- Maintain compliance with EPA (Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District, Division of Air Pollution).
- Work with sales to assure proper work is received and proper pricing is quoted.
- Participates in FMEA and control plan reviews annually.
- Review 7-11 report to maintain on-time delivery
- Attends daily service meetings and monitors completion of rush orders throughout the process.
- Minimum 7 years management experience in metal fasteners, chemicals, electroplating, heat treating or coatings.
- Excellent leadership and verbal/written communication skills;
- Knowledge of ISO, A2LA, OSHA and OEM requirements;
- Ability to follow compliance plans, procedures and work instructions.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Five years production management experience.
Please reference Job Code 5274 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.