email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
The Manufacturing Supervisor provides direction and leadership for the manufacturing activities to achieve safety, cost, quality, and delivery goals. Manages available resources and leads employees to perform all departmental tasks in the most effective manner while ensuring a quality product is processed according to the build schedule and to the customer on time. Identifies production problems or bottlenecks and resolves the issues quickly by selecting the proper resources.
- Provide employee coaching and development to help resolve employee problems to build a strong team.
- Maintain daily manpower and scheduling requirements. Delegate work assignments to employees to ensure high labor efficiency and timely completion of all tasks listed in the work orders meet the required due dates.
- Manage daily output from a quality and quantity standpoint to satisfy customer orders.
- Consolidate and analyze production measures to improve productivity and reduce product cost.
- Conducts investigations involving near misses, incidents and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Troubleshoots production issues and implements permanent solutions.
- Promote continuous improvement initiatives to include 5S and Lean Manufacturing.
- Responsible for performing and recording employee safety training, employee performance reviews, and employee disciplinary write-ups.
- Verify all Preventative Maintenance procedures are being followed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Review monthly departmental KPI’s and identify corrective action to meet the KPI’s goals.
- Perform additional tasks as needed and/or assigned by supervisor/management.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in a technical field is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a CNC machining, welding and heavy mechanical assembly manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years of production supervisory experience.
- Employee must be legally authorized to work in the United states.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of MS Office, excellent written and oral communications skills, able to work in a self-directed or team environment and have good organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency using an ERP system, would prefer knowledge of SAGE 500.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi task, follow through and meet deadlines in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Capability to coach individuals to a higher performance.
- Aid in the implementation of continuous improvements.
Please reference Job Code 5285 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.