firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1432
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for managing all production functions, developing and implementing new and improved production processes and techniques, meeting production schedules, keeping costs within operating budgets, and develop a staff to successfully manage safety, productivity, inventory, quality and logistics.
- Oversee reporting of performance metrics such as daily production, inventory, shop floor controls, defects, and scrap as well as provide solutions for improvements.
- Ensure the ERP system is leveraged properly to drive production and material requirements for meeting customer delivery dates.
- Develop, implement and drive innovation and continuous improvement strategies in productivity, quality, safety, inventory, material planning, cost control, cost reduction, scheduling and vendor relationships at the facility to meet customer satisfaction goals.
- Achieve and maintain maximum labor efficiency levels to support the cost of goods sold.
- Work with the purchasing function to develop manufacturing and capacity strategies that optimize cost and inventory while ensuring high customer on time deliveries.
- Recommend and justify capital projects and purchase of new technology or equipment to improve the facility productivity that align with the business goals.
- Implement operational improvements and support efforts to transition from a corrective to a preventative culture.
- Evaluates talent and builds a strong team while developing new capabilities in the operations department to meet current and growth strategies.
- Identify and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Manage and oversee annual operations planning, budgeting, forecasting, and monthly reporting.
- Review monthly departmental KPI’s and identify corrective action to meet the KPI’s goals.
- Perform additional tasks as needed and/or assigned by management.
Manager - Manufacturing
- Bachelor degree in technical field preferably an engineering field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience encompassing Manufacturing Operations which includes production, facility management, and inventory control.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a machining and heavy mechanical assembly manufacturing environment.
- Experience in area of process automation, material flow, manufacturing cost reduction, continuous improvement programs and safety management.
- Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing certification. Minimum green belt.
- Employee must be legally authorized to work in the United states.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of MS Office, excellent written and oral communications skills, able to work in a self-directed or team environment and have good organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi task, follow through and meet deadlines in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Capability to coach individuals to a higher performance.
- Aid in the implementation of continuous improvements.
Please reference Job Code 5287 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.