PTFE Process Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1429
PTFE Process Engineer
Our client is known for developing and manufacturing specialized fluorocarbon-based polymer products including PTFE hollow fiber membranes, coaxial cable cores including low density PTFE high velocity cores, other fluoropolymer wire constructions and automotive based products.
Process Engineering position for PTFE fine powder extrusion. Responsible for conversion of current products and processes to robust, high yield, and low cost manufacturing processes by application of sound engineering principles, robust quality, lean manufacturing and other good manufacturing principles.
- Process Engineer will own SMPs for PTFE processes and will work integrally with product development engineers to bring new products into Operations, fine tune, and codify. Process engineer will interface with Quality Department to push quality to preventative measures and away from inspection and internal rejection.
- Process Engineer will work with product development engineers, Quality, and others to establish a continued education program for supervisors and operators on the best practices for extrusion of PTFE. Process engineer will work with product development engineer to institute on line and in line process monitoring and metrics with the goal of reducing inspection and defects.
- Process engineer will ensure accurate costs are reflected in bills of material and other financial metrics and will lead efforts to continually reduce production costs through lean manufacturing, yield improvements, cycle time reduction.
- Support installation of new equipment and qualify for use in production
- Develop SOP’s, Work Instructions, etc. for all unit operations and support operator training. Support full compliance with ISO and other QMS requirements
- Monitor departmental costs, raw material yields, and recommend/deploy cost reduction projects
- Will also include: Leading projects to continuously improve process capabilities and reduce variation; Designing, deploying and commissioning new equipment; Working closely with R&D, Commercial organizations to commercialize new products; Supporting waste reduction and the 6S program; Developing and deploying Standard Operating Procedures; Supporting resolution of manufacturing issues and customer inquiries; Compiling and disseminating information as required to support business and customer communications.
- BS degree in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or related field
- 4-7 years minimum work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with PTFE extrusion
- Melt Polymer Extrusion experience is a plus
- Prior work experience in structured manufacturing environment
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Strong, practical mechanicalaptitude
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Outlook E-Mail, /Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and ERP systems; Experience with Minitab a plus
Please reference Job Code 5299 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.