firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1429
Our client is a custom manufacturer of fluoroelastomer molded products. Rubber gaskets and seals, diaphragms, rubber to metal and rubber to plastic products, umbrella valves and synthetic elastomer products can be fabricated. Automotive OEMs and aftermarket, aerospace, food and beverages, marine, medical and general industries are served.
The Process Engineer will provide hands on process engineering/trouble shooting, problem solving, and technical assistance to engineering and manufacturing departments, particularly in molding and bonding departments.
- Responsibility and authority to ensure that customer requirements are met. This includes but is not limited to the selection of special characteristics, corrective and preventative actions, and process design and development.
- Provides detailed documentation of a job including tool and fixture drawings, definition of setup, and operational procedures.
- Oversees installation to ensure machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications and OSHA Safety requirements.
- Confers with staff in other departments, such as sales, production, and engineering, to provide technical information.
- Develops and conducts training programs including hands-on training on the safe operations of the equipment, and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Trouble shoot processes to maintain in control during normal production.
- Tests ability of machines to perform designated tasks.
- Confers with establishment personnel to implement operating procedures and resolve system malfunctions.
- Develops models of alternate processing methods to test feasibility of new applications of system components, and recommends implementation of improved procedures.
- Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to stay aware of new developments in field.
- Participates in training programs including hands-on training on the safe operations of the equipment, and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Leads with a positive attitude as an active member of APQP team, Continual Improvement team and promotes quality.
- Challenges established standards when appropriate.
- Understands and complies with relevant Management System requirements
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sound knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Function with minimum or no supervision.
- SPC skills are necessary to perform duties.
Please reference Job Code 5313 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.