firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1429
Our client is a custom manufacturer of fluoroelastomer molded products. Rubber gaskets and seals, diaphragms, rubber to metal and rubber to plastic products, umbrella valves and synthetic elastomer products can be fabricated. Automotive OEMs and aftermarket, aerospace, food and beverages, marine, medical and general industries are served.
The Project Engineer will plan, design, and coordinate integration of new products and equipment into manufacturing process of industrial establishment by performing the duties outlined below.
- Develops and writes equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and proposal for integrating machinery and equipment into manufacturing process.
- Responsibility and authority to ensure that customer requirements are met. This includes but is not limited to the selection of special characteristics, corrective and preventative actions, and process design and development.
- Prepares detailed quotations for fixtures, tools, and engineering requirements to be used in developing a formal quote for customer.
- Coordinates all aspects of a job including tool design, fixture design, poka-yoke systems, numerical control part programming, machine delivery, prove-out, and runoff of a customer's part.
- Provides detailed documentation of a job including tool and fixture drawings, definition of setup, and operational procedures.
- Negotiates price, terms, and conditions with outside tool suppliers used to meet project needs.
- Oversees installation to ensure machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications and OSHA Safety requirements.
- Tests ability of machines to perform designated tasks.
- Confers with establishment personnel to implement operating procedures and resolve system malfunctions.
- Develops models of alternate processing methods to test feasibility of new applications of system components, and recommends implementation of improved procedures.
- Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to stay aware of new developments in field.
- Confers with staff in other departments, such as marketing, legal, and engineering, to provide technical information.
- Develops and conducts training programs including hands-on training on the safe operations of the equipment, and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Leads with a positive attitude as an active member of APQP team, Continual Improvement team and promotes quality and conforms to Management System requirements.
- Understands and complies with relevant Management System requirements.
- Bachelor degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sound knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Function with minimum or no supervision.
- SPC skills are necessary to perform duties.
- GDT skills required to perform duties.
- Project Management skills required.
Please reference Job Code 5314 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.