CNC Manufacturing Engineer
email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
CNC Manufacturing Engineer
Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with customer specifications and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops processes that meet safety regulations.
- Applies sound engineering judgment to problems, which may include moderate complexity and conflicting design objectives or difficult materials.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates projects of moderate scope.
- Adapt and devise new approaches to difficult problems from standard or known techniques.
- Estimates schedules, staffing needs, project cost and budget.
- Responsible for equipment design, development and procurement. Tests materials and prepares specifications.
- Represents company on technical issues and requirements to the customer. Adapt and devise new approaches to difficult problems from standard or known techniques.
- Makes independent decisions on work.
- Assumes technical ownership for assigned products and projects.
- Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of processes and related equipment
- Coordinate launches of new processes including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production.
- Supports on-going production to assure on-time delivery and company profitability.
- Apply statistical methods and perform process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing engineering on cross-functional teams.
- Writes appropriation requests.
- Procures tools/equipment.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast changes while maintaining working relationships.
- Ensures compliance with the organization standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, on-time delivery.
- Maintenance of TS registration
- Participates in Kaizen events.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in mechanical or manufacturing engineering or equivalent.
- Experience desired in a high precision and high-volume machining manufacturing environment.
- Must have CNC programming experience.
- Experience with related materials and processes.
- IATF/TS quality system or equivalent experience.
- PPAP and APQP experience.
Additional Preferred Experience:
- SPC – Statistical Process Control
- Tooling & Fixturing Design, Costing and Evaluation
- Gage Design
- Gear Lead & Involute Inspection
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Detailed knowledge of quality assurance processes and practices including, but not limited to, statistics, root cause analysis, auditing, PDCA, lean, six sigma, gauging, inspection.
- Knowledge and experience with Heat Treating, Plating, Grinding Processes
Please reference Job Code 5373 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.