firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1435
Our client is an Am Law 200 Law firm. Their environmental practice its strengths in transactional support and litigation, including at appellate level. Recognized for their expertise on air quality, contamination and regulatory matters. Advise clients in a wide range of industries on diverse projects involving domestic and international sites.
They are seeking an associate with:
3 - 4 years' experience in a strong environmental practice, including some or all of the following;
- Environmental litigation involving private parties, and federal and state government.
- Counseling and negotiating environmental issues related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Administrative proceedings, obtaining and maintaining compliance with solid and hazardous waste permits, air permits, water discharge permits, CAFO and CFO permits.
- Real estate transactions including brownfields and projects ranging from multi-million dollar industrial sites to commercial properties.
- Insurance recovery to pay for the remediation of contaminated sites and the defense of claims involving environmental issues.
- Superfund/CERCLA cases throughout the US, including serving as common counsel in cases involving multiple PRPs.
- Toxic tort litigation.
- Mediating litigation involving environmental and insurance disputes.
The ideal candidate has experience with regulatory compliance, enforcement, litigation, environmental due diligence for transactions. Experience with CAA, CWA, CERCLA, RCRA, FIFRA, TSCA, and EPCA.
Previous experience at EPA of DOJ would be a big plus.
Must have outstanding academics.
Please reference Job Code 5385 BW when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.