email@example.com P: 216-455-1432
Our client is looking to hire a full-time Engineering Manager. Are you the kind of person who strives to do great work, thrives in teams, and lives for problem-solving? This Engineering management job earns a competitive salary, depending on experience. We also offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan, a health savings account (HSA), a flexible spending account (FSA), tuition reimbursement, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and ADP marketplace. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you in leading a strong hydraulic engineering team, apply today!
Our client has been at the forefront of engineering hydraulic solutions for over 50 years. They have a long-standing reputation built upon industry challenges and opportunities. A worldwide leader, they are a one-stop-shop for valves, pumps, power units, and proportional products that are all assembled in the US and used in some of the most challenging applications across the globe. While maintaining their commitment to core values of people, quality, innovation, and partnership.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ENGINEERING MANAGER: As Engineering Manager, you oversee Engineering Department. Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled within defined time and cost targets, and any engineering issue that comes up is taken on and solved. Engineering Manager will provide a practical and cost-effective technical service. This will encompass site evaluation, engineering design, investigations of any technical problems encountered and provision of viable and economical solutions.
- Managing and coordinating the engineering department/workload
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time
- Defining, measuring and report upon department KPIs
- Management and development of Works instructions
- Review all documentation associated with engineering projects, complete mechanical analysis reports, review contract documents, and fill out and submit necessary permit applications
- Researching and developing designs and products
- Develop a project schedule and budget, complete cost estimation reports, assemble engineering team, assign tasks, set deadlines, and order materials
- Working with sales team to fulfill customer requirements
- Drive a Continuous Improvement culture, working in collaboration with other departments to improve operating performance, reduce waste, and control cost
- Ensure engineering support to Quality and Production departments
- Take a lead for engineering in planning for and hosting successful visits including customers, auditors, and company VIP visits
- Technical trouble shooting
QUALIFICATIONS FOR AN ENGINEERING MANAGER
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, Master’s is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in management, showing progressive leadership
- Minimum of 10 years experience within the engineering industry
- Preference will be given to those with experience in designing and testing hydraulic components in a manufacturing environment
- Hydraulic experience in similar products preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
Please reference Job Code 5391 DS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.