Liquid Silicone Rubber Supervisor - LSR
firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1429
Liquid Silicone Rubber Supervisor
This position oversees the production of LSR (liquid silicone rubber) parts according to company and customer specifications as detailed in blueprints, layouts and templates. This individual plans and facilitates the schedule of equipment, material and people to meet production demands.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced technical expert in LSR molding in a tight-tolerance production environment who can lead problem solving activities and provide inspiration and guidance for all personnel including setup personnel and press operators. Relevant experience as a molding machine operator is required, my client currently has primarily Engel machines, but we also run Toshiba and Sodick/Plustech.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of operators engaged in the production of LSR parts;
- Setting up silicone injection tools on molding machine and supervising setup personnel
- Training operators and coaching professional workplace behavior;
- Participating in production team meetings discussing schedules and process efficiencies;
- Driving Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions with Injection Machines, Tooling and Auxiliary Equipment in concert with Process Engineers and Quality personnel.
- Participation in LEAN Projects and supporting/sustaining LEAN initiatives.
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of all documentation and correcting or improving as needed.
- We are searching for someone who has experience in Liquid Silicone Rubber injection molding specifically.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Intermediate level math and computer proficiency and ability to read and understand blueprints and technical drawings.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with others in various areas of the company.
- Supervision experience preferred.
- Experience with injection molding equipment controls and their effect on processing. Prefer Engel experience, we do also use Sodick/Plustech and Toshiba machines.
- Experience with maintenance and cleaning of Liquid Silicone delivery systems
- Experience with assembling and disassembling injection molding equipment and tooling.
- Bi-Lingual In Spanish preferred, but not expected.
- Understands and has experience in ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485 Quality Systems. Preferred with 9001 but 13485 is not currently necessary, but is the future
- Physical requirements include the ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50
Please reference Job Code 5410 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.