firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-455-1429
Project coordination, implementation, and management of elastomer molds used for transfer, compression, and injection molding processes, including activities to establish successful design and fabrication of molds and ancillary equipment, product geometry/quality, manufacturing costs, and process optimization to produce a product that meets or exceeds customer’s expectation. Utilize and support computer-aided design (CAD) system and peripheral equipment to engineer and design equipment, molds, products, and processing tools. Provide hands-on process engineering, equipment engineering, problem-solving, and technical assistance to manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain project schedules and Gantt charts (MS project or other appropriate methods). Communicate with customers and management/engineering staff in order to proactively allocate resources to ensure on-time project completion.
- Coordinate and/or support new product introduction (NPI) activities from project inception (Request for quote) through prototype and production launch.
- Provide quotations on estimated tooling costs, mold designs, layouts, etc.
- Write purchase orders for molds and other tooling.
- Review, modify, maintain, and approve customer drawings and mold designs in conjunction with other Project Engineers, Design Engineers, Process Engineers, and Manager of Engineering
- Interface with customers regarding quality concerns, fabrication & validation timelines, and molded samples preparation.
- Work closely with tooling and outside mold shops to insure the best mold design and build possible to help achieve a goal of zero rework.
- Maintain engineering files (quotes, POs, prints, designs, revisions, etc.)
- Develop and prepare Validation protocol documentation in collaboration with customer requirements. Prepare or review mold/process validation approval packages.
- Create, modify, and maintain written SOP/OMS documentation to support functional aspects of manufacturing and quality.
- Utilize and/or support AutoCAD, Pro-E, and Solid Works for rubber 2D and 3D mold design
- Coordinate the design phase of precision rubber molds for injection, hot transfer, cold transfer, compression molding, and die-cutting, along with other applicable tooling to produce elastomer parts and seals
- Work with Process Technicians to maintain, review, and revise, as necessary, processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness for all aspects of operations including ECN’s.
- Operate presses and other equipment such as OGP and MicroVu metrological inspection system or optical comparator, calipers, micrometers, etc as necessary throughout manufacturing.
- Lead or participate in conference calls, on-site visits, or Web-based meetings with the customer, as needed to effectively and efficiently support the entire NPI process.
- Lead or participate in Continual Improvement team activities. Prepare or collaborate on “return on investment” calculations.
- Support and meet required standards for ISO 9001 and 13485, and general good manufacturing principles.
- Facilitate timely engineering support of molds, dies, automation, vision, and accessory equipment.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of and act in accordance with quality systems
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or working towards a B.S.; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum 3 years experience in a rubber manufacturing environment; Medical industry exposure preferred
AutoCAD, Pro-E, and/or Solid Works experience preferred
Minimum 3 years of project management experience
Knowledge of GD&T,
Experience and or knowledge of wasteless/flashless and compression tool design and/or process
Please reference Job Code 5491 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.