email@example.com P: 216-455-1429
Our client is a growing manufacturer of elastomeric roof coatings and paint with a 20 + year history in the industry. Elastomeric roof coatings are roof coatings composed of resin polymers, reflective pigments, fillers and other additives to provide a protective and reflective coating over various substrates. We are currently recruiting for a full-time coating chemist/formulator to head up the newly created Research and Development unit.
This position is primarily responsible for raw material evaluations, product formulation, new product development, product improvement, testing, interpretation of results, reporting of findings and recommendations to Management.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and/or improve products to meet customer and market needs.
- Assist in conducting exploratory and applied research to develop commercial products.
- Stay on top of new technological advancements in the field of elastomeric coatings.
- Assist in developing product technical literature.
- Preparation of lab synthesized samples for customer evaluations.
- Learn new topics and techniques through internal and external training and participation in industry conferences.
- Applies creativity and innovation in developing new or improved products and in problem solving.
Minimum requirements for the qualified candidate are:
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry from an accredited University – preferably with an emphasis and focus on Polymer Science or Bachelor’s Degree with 1-2 years’ experience.
- Fundamental understanding and knowledge of polymerization reaction mechanisms, catalysts, polymer structure, testing and characterization methodologies.
- Familiarity with basic physical, chemical and analytical techniques for polymer characterization.
- Understanding of safe laboratory practices.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Ability to effectively multitask and manage projects.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve goals.
- Compliance with laboratory Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
- Proficient in MS Office Basic Computer skills – MS Office, Chemical Modeling, DOE.
- Polymer Science: 2 years
- Chemist work: 2 years
Please reference Job Code 5493 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.