firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-292-2855 ext 107
To provide support services in the areas of compound costing, product profitability improvement, financial trend analysis, sales support, and contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed. To ensure all quality complaints are resolved and prevent potential issues by eliminating variability and finding permanent solutions to problems.
- Support and continuously improve manufacturing operation including mixing, pre-forming, and process improvement initiatives.
- Support technical and problem-solving efforts regarding rubber mixing and pre-forming issues.
- Participate in productivity improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Establish new mix procedures, improve existing mix procedures.
- Investigate the root cause and determine the disposition of non-conforming rubber compound or rubber preforms.
- Work with all internal and external customers to resolve processing issues and develop and coordinate continuous improvement projects leading toward the realization of cost reductions.
- Accomplish goals, gain insight into process improvement opportunities, process compliance, and training and ensure proper implementation for projects.
- Participate in and provide technical support for continuous improvement projects, problem solving teams and corrective action plans.
- Support and improve systems that maintain ISO 9001:2015 certification.
- Own all production SharePoint document, responsible for accuracy, revision dates, etc.
- Effectively communicate with customers to ensure they are informed through issue resolution process.
- Conduct root cause investigations/corrective actions for customer issues, lab holds using the 8D process.
- Coordinate the return of material for final disposition.
- Follow trials and troubleshoot their process and participate in external/internal audits at customers.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement teams, applying Six Sigma strategies. Perform Quality Control Trouble shooting.
- Travel to other company locations or to customers may be required.
- Perform any other project/task as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science or related field, preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Five (5) years of manufacturing experience in the rubber industry/custom mixing
- Proficient written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient computer/systems skills – MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook).
- Solid organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and manage a broad range of responsibilities.
- High degree of concentration, attention to detail, high energy, self-motivated and self-reliant
- Ability to interact well with all personality types.
- Strong cooperation, collaboration, and team-building skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on continuous improvement
Please reference Job Code 5502 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.