firstname.lastname@example.org P: 216-292-2855 ext 107
To develop and continuously improve the overall efficiency, compound cost, overall product profitability through lean manufacturing, industrial engineering, and project management methods for a variety of markets/applications. To prevent and eliminate variability and define permanent solutions to ensure the product meets internal and external specifications.
- Initiate, develop, evaluate, and improve the manufacturing of polymeric compounds on new and current polymeric compounds for all areas of business.
- Set up and follow all new recipes through customer trials.
- Provide technical and problem-solving support to manufacturing including process improvements, quality improvement measures, raw material substitutions and reformulations.
- Manage recipe/formulation design characteristics in the areas of critical to controls and critical to quality.
- Assist with customer visits to follow trials and trouble shoot their process. Also participate in audits.
- Analyze, review and revise compounds’ formula to improve overall productivity and cost.
- Interface with customers to drive compound recipes and/or specification changes.
- Assist with corrective actions for both internal/external defects.
- Follow up and ensure execution of all corrective actions as outlined by the complaint procedure.
- Determine disposition of all off-tested batches, held and returned material. Determine repair ingredients and physical testing needed.
- Support and improve ISO9001:2015 certification.
- Participate in the development of Process Technicians.
- Remain technically current with processing equipment, raw material changes and new technical developments in the industry.
- Represent COMPANY at trade association meetings, as requested.
- Travel to other COMPANY locations or to customers may be required.
- Perform any other project/task as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, or other technical areas. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Advanced degree in Engineering or other Lean Training, preferred.
- Seven (7) years’ engineering position in manufacturing environment
- Five (5) years’ experience in any rubber manufacturing or custom compounding environment, preferred.
- Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Certification, desired
- Working knowledge of statistical process control and computerized mixing procedures
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent computer/systems skills – MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook).
- Excellent cooperation, collaboration skills and team-building skills.
- Solid organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines, and manage a broad range of responsibilities.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on continuous improvement
- High degree of concentration with attention to detail, high energy, self-motivated and self-reliant
- Ability to coach and develop Associates.
Please reference Job Code 5503 LO when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form.